Friday, 23 November 2012
Neil Symington - Personal Trainer
This weeks follow friday goes out to a good friend of mine called Neil Symington whose business is going from strength to strength
He is an independent personal trainer who is based in Aylesbury Bucks. Neil prides himself in offering high quality professional personal training in his own private training studio.
His experience speaks for itself:
Full time personal trainer since 2005
Over 7,000 hours of individual training sessions
Level 4 (the highest level) on the Register of Exercise Professionals, the regulatory body of the health and fitness industry
Specialist area of expertise; weight loss and management
His studio in Aylesbury has been designed to be the perfect environment for exclusive ‘one to one’ training. It is equipped with commercial strength training machines, commercial aerobic training machines, free weights and a wide variety of other training equipment. He is also able to train you at your home or your workplace.
If you would like to know more about Neils personal training service then contact him on
Neil Symington Personal Training
23 Space Business Centre,
or call him on:
Tel: 01296 581599
Mob: 07764 613316
or visit his facebook page on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-Symington-Personal-Training/281246565229380
or follow him at:https://twitter.com/neilsymington
Posted by Fresh DPS Ltd at 09:31
Wednesday, 21 November 2012
Five Strategies for a Winning Sales Presentation
How to put your best pitch forward, win over prospects and make more sales.
1. Listen before pitching. One of the mistakes business owners make is talking too much about the wonders of their company, instead of asking questions and listening to a potential customer's needs. Your prospect probably did some research about you beforehand so don't waste time going on about your qualifications. Nothing is more annoying than when someone is pitching to you, and it's all about them, their products.
2. Put in more prep time. No matter how good you are at thinking on your feet, don't wing the presentation. You'll risk jumping all over the place without a logical flow, Take the time to prepare and to practice from an outline, making sure your presentation covers all your points clearly and concisely. Always review a prospects website to learn about what it sells, how it makes money and how you he might be able to fix its problems. also checks for any mutual connections on LinkedIn. Give them a call or an email asking more about the prospect's personality.
3. Liven it up. Many professionals don't realize just how boring their presentations are-too many facts, a flat monotone, tired stories. Sometimes professionals have been giving the same presentation for so long they just slip into autopilot, In today's competitive market, your presentations must be entertaining in order to obtain and maintain the attention of prospects.
Be creative and put some energy behind your presentation. The tone you use and your vocal variation allow you to project your own personality and to create a positive response whether you are speaking to one person or a large group of people.
4. Don't use visual aids as a crutch. If brochures, handouts or slides could sell a product or service on their own, companies would not need salespeople. Depending too much on visual aids can give us a false sense of security, we tend to think it isn't necessary to prepare thoroughly because our props will lead us right through the presentation. We let the visual aid become the star and virtually run the show.
Strategically place visual aids in your presentation to highlight major points, but remember that your style and personality will have much more impact. Most important, ask yourself whether a visual aid is for you or for them? If it's for you to get you through your presentation, scrap it. If it's for them so they can visually understand your presentation, keep it.
5. Be ready to take the next step. Not every presentation is going to end with a sale, so it's up to you to establish the next step in the process.One of his biggest mistakes concluding meetings is a "we hope to talk again soon" mentality.
You need to determine the next steps right then and there–before life gets in the way.Be ready to schedule a subsequent meeting or follow-up phone call, which will show you're serious about working together. You may not have the sale yet but you at least have something set up so things can continue to move forward.
If you want to find out how Fresh can help your business then call us on the numbers above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.freshdps.co.uk
Posted by Fresh DPS Ltd at 00:41
Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Reasons To Be Cheerful
If your a glass half full person rather than half empty then you are probably one of lifes achievers.
In a recent study taken across 500 leaders of business in the UK, 97% optimistically predicted a better year next year and that growth and investment would return.
The latest figures are showing that unemployment is falling, banks are lending again, exports are up and foreign investment is up as well as mortgage applications up, interest rates low and we are officially out of a recession again. So there is much to cheer about.
From an employers point of view on ground level, there are green shoots, all be it slow that things are getting better, for instance our sales are up on last year, there is more activity in the sectors that used to be very aggressive in their marketing. We are also seeing more enquiries than ever and when we are speaking to clients they are now starting to invest again not just in equipment but in personnel as well.
For us, we have treated these last years as a challenge, we have been able to talk to people who wouldnt speak to us before and have found that we are stronger than we thought and that goes back to being optimistic.
What I can say, is that I know we are over the worst and we have all got used to living within a budget now and not to be extravagant but sometimes you have to take that chance otherwise how can we measure ourselves on what we could achieve.
So when your in work today, try to smile as its infectious, good things happen when you do and even if they dont you'll face will have had a good workout.
Posted by Fresh DPS Ltd at 09:26